- Executive Committee
The Executive Committee prepares meeting agendas and works on general overall concerns of the Faculty Senate.
- Chair: J.W. Mock; JMock@uco.edu; (405) 974-5624; LAR 205I
- Members: Fred Hammond III, Dawn Marie Lindblade, Brenda Chappell
- 2013-2014 University Committee Assignments
University Wide Committees
1. Academic Affairs Council Senators Maisch, Evans, Lindblade, Kickham, & Rider
2. Alumni Association Board of Directors Senator Kickham
3. Appellate Comm. On Dis. Of Tenured Faculty Senator Overman
4. Athletics Council Senator Verschelden
5. Budget Task Force Senators Mock & Overman
6. Committee on Student Conduct Senator Chappell
7. Veteran Support Alliance Senator Garcia
8. eLearning Advisory Team Senator Frush
9. Faculty Grievance Board Senator Ferguson
10. Faculty Merit Credit Committee Senator Evans
11. CETTL Advisory Board Senator Frush
12. Faculty Handbook Editorial Board Senators Mock & Ferguson
13. Faculty Technology Advisory Board Senator Glaubitz
14. Graduate Council Senator Dickson
15. On-line Course Evaluation Senator Garcia
16. Passport Committee Senator McLemore
17. Research Advisory Council Senator Krishnan
18. Transportation and Parking Advisory Team Senator Vanhoy
19. Undergraduate Research Advisory Council Senator Khandaker
- Academic Affairs Committee
This committee is charged to study and/or make recommendations concerning academic policy which includes academic standards, grading policies, withdrawal deadlines, articulation, etc. This committee works with the Office of Academic Affairs on matters of mutual concern. The Chairperson of the Academic Affairs standing committee is one of the four Faculty Senate representatives to the University Academic Affairs Council.
Chair: Karl Nelson; KNelson15@uco.edu; (405) 974-5755; MUS208
Members: Brenda Chappell, Robert Delano, Warren Dickson, Kristi Frush, Lea Ann Garcia, Karl Nelson, Paul Patrick
- Adjunct Affairs
This committee studies and/or makes recommendations concerning Adjunct Faculty matters, including salaries, benefits, and other means of enhancing the well-being of of Adjunct faculty. The committee will invite Adjunct faculty to speak at meetings, as appropriate to matters being discussed.
- Chair: Donald Mizell; DMizell@uco.edu; (405) 974-5538; LAR 210B
- Members: Brenda Chappell, Chindarat Charoenwongse-Shaw, Linda Chooback, Robert Delano, Warren Dickson, Dawn Holt, Dawn Lindblade, Donald Mizell
- Alumni and Community Service Committee
This committee encourages faculty interaction with alumni and the community. The Chairperson of this committee is also the Faculty Senate’s ad-hoc representative to the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Chair: Beth Adele; BAdele@uco.edu; Direct: (405) 974-2766; NUC 338
- Members: Beth Adele, Emily Brown, Sunshine Cowan, Greg Farnell, Dawn Holt, Morshed Khandaker, Mark Maddy, Karl Nelson
- Budget Committee
This committee participates in the University’s budget development process and makes fiscal recommendations to both the administration and to the Senate.
- Chair: Youngtae ShinYShin@uco.edu; (405) 974-5524; LAR 102E
- Members: Beth Adele, Chris Butler, Darian DeBolt, Robert Delano, Robert Glaubitz, V. Sivarama Krishnan, Elizabeth Overman, Dana Rundle, Youngtae Shin
- CPP&E Committee
This committee sees that the constitution, by-laws, and operation code are updated. The committee provides input concerning procedures used by the faculty and conducts regular and special elections.
- Chair: Beth Adele; BAdele@uco.edu; (405) 974-27660; NUC 338
- Members: Beth Adele, Chris Butler, John Michael Ferguson, Mark Maddy, Daniel Mertens
- Faculty Handbook and Revision Committee
This committee advises the Senate on proposed annual changes in the Faculty Handbook. One member of this committee serves on the University Faculty Handbook Editorial Board.
- Chair: Paul Patrick; PPatrick@uco.edu; 405-974-2336; NUC 118A
- Members: John Michael Ferguson, Kristi Frush, Lea Ann Garcia, Karl Nelson, Elizabeth Overman, Paul Patrick
- Faculty Welfare and Development Committee
This committee studies and/or makes recommendations concerning procedures for selection of faculty, chairpersons, deans, etc. In addition, the committee deals with faculty job descriptions, faculty files, tenure, promotion, grievances, and development programs. The committee works closely with the Office of Academic Affairs on faculty personnel matters of mutual concern. The Chairperson of this committee is one of the Faculty Senate’s representatives to the university Faculty Development Advisory Committee.
- Chair: Greg Farnell; GFarnell@uco.edu; (405) 974-5304; LIB 315-27
- Members: Chris Butler, Chindarat Charoenwongse-Shaw, Greg Farnell, Kenneth Kickham, Dawn Lindblade, Donald Mizell
- Information Resources and Technology Committee
This committee will review the information technology requirements of the university.
- Chair: Robert Glaubitz; RGlaubitz@uco.edu; (405) 974-5643; MUS 007
- Members: Emily Brown, Chindarat Charoenwongse-Shaw, Linda Chooback, Robert Epstein, Robert Glaubitz, Dawn Holt, Morshed Khandaker
- Personnel Policies Committee
This committee studies and/or makes recommendations concerning faculty salaries, benefits, and other areas promoting the economic welfare of the faculty. The committee works closely with the Personnel Office and the Office of Administration on matters of mutual concern.
- Chair: Warren Dickson;WDickson@uco.edu; 405-974-5439; BUS 200F
- Members: Ann Barnes, Lillian Chooback, Darian DeBolt, Warren Dickson, Dana Holt, Elizabeth Overman and <2 vacancies>
- Research Committee
This committee studies and/or makes recommendations concerning faculty research, funding, research grants, research release time, and other areas promoting faculty research. This committee works closely with the Graduate Office and Deans in matters concerning research. The Chairperson of this committee is also the Faculty Senate’s representative to the University Research Advisory Council. The Chairperson also appoints a committee member to represent the Senate at meetings of the Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Team.
- Chair: Robert Epstein; REpstein@uco.edu; (405) 974-5678; THH 231
- Members: Robert Epstein, John Michael Fergusin, Morshed Khandaker, V. Sivarama Krishnan, Karl Nelson, Youngtae Shin
- Student Relations Committee
This committee studies and/or makes recommendations on matters concerning the University’s students. This committee works closely with the Student Association and the Office of Student Services on matters of mutual concern. The Chairperson of this committee is the Faculty Senate’s ad-hoc representative to the Student Senate and may be the Faculty Sponsor of the College Bowl tournament. The faculty sponsor to the College Bowl tournament may be appointed by the President of the Faculty Senate if the chair of the committee is in agreement.
- Chair: Tami Clavin; TClavin@uco.edu; (405) 974-2346; BUS 108
- Members: Ann Barnes, Chindarat Charoenwongse-Shaw, Tami Clavin, Darian DeBolt, Dawn Lindblade, Elizabeth Overman, Paul Patrick
- Student Retention Committee
- Chair: Tami Clavin; TClavin@uco.edu; (405) 974-2346; BUS 108, and Emily Brown, EBrown29@uco.edu (405) 974-5971, Library
- Members: Beth Adele, Warren Dickson, Alix Mazuet, and Donald Mizell.